Keep in mind that this is the very first Open Beta build, so you may not experience all the features of OxygenOS 13 this time and more features will come in future versions.
OxygenOS 13 OBT1 will be available in IN and NA this time. Due to some slightly different features in each region, OxygenOS 13 will come to the EU in the near future. In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (A.15).
You can check the complete changelog below:
Changelog – OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
【Security & Privacy】
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
【Health & Digital wellbeing】
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (A.15). Make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4GB of storage space is available. The Carrier version devices (TMO) aren’t compatible with the Open beta builds.
Download the OxygenOS 13 Beta:
Want to go back to OxygenOS 12? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
OxygenOS 13 issues:
These Beta builds are not as stable as the official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
Known Issues are:
- There is no response when clicking Capture Log after switching Multiple users/System Cloner/Languages. (You need to switch Multiple users/System Cloner/Languages first before capturing the log in the feedback tool).
- A dot will display abnormally when pairing Bluetooth.
- The photos might be blurred when taking multiple pictures of people with Ultra Dark mode and zoom out at the same time.
- The screen will freeze when taking videos in specific scenarios.
- The pictures might not be saved when taking photos of people by zooming out 3.3x.
- There will be a black screen when the camera freezes.
- The videos might show in green when shot in FILM mode.
- The pictures might be black when taking photos in the dark with Night Mode.