Recently, Google has released 2 Developer Preview for Android 11. It means we are going to see Android 11 in the coming months. OnePlus’s next custom OS version will be OxygenOS 11 based on the Android 11.
OxygenOS 11 Eligible Device list:
Here is the list of devices that are expected to get OxygenOS 11:
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6T
Join our OnePlus channel on Telegram:
OxygenOS 11 Features:
OnePlus has confirmed these 5 features for the next version of OxygenOS:
- Always on Display – development to be finished around June, CBT/OBT coming in Aug/Sep
- Enable fingerprint lock for hidden pictures in gallery – included in the roadmap
- Play sound when the battery is fully charged – included in the roadmap
- Folders within the app drawer – included in the roadmap
- Adding more essential features to Zen Mode – included in the roadmap
Improved Dark Mode:
Dark Mode was there on the OnePlus smartphones with OxygenOS 10, offered a system-level dark interface. However, we found that the dark interface color feels a bit flat designed and the combination of text and background color could be improved for long term use. Dark Mode scheduling is another option that could make it more helpful on OnePlus smartphones.
We would like to see the always-on display feature on the OxygenOS. Almost all the Android OS custom skin has this feature, including Samsung’s One UI, Huawei’s EMUI, Realme Realme UI, and more.
Currently, you can tap on the screen to get the information from the smartphone display, but always-on-display will keep it on all the time.
In addition to the Always-on-display, we want to see more customization options on the OxygenOS. There should be a more lockscreen clock design.
We want more changes and improvements such as:
- Simple Google Discover feed in the OnePlus Launcher
- Improved UI
- Easy Gesture Navigation
- Simple animation on the fingerprint scanner
- Move the clear all button from the on-screen fingerprint scanner placement and more.
OxygenOS 11 Release Date:
Android 11 developer preview 2 is already out and expecting the first public beta to be available in May 2020.
Google released the Android 8 Oreo and Android 9 Pie stable versions in August while Android 10 in September. The Android 11 update should be available at around the same time.
OnePlus took 3 weeks to release the Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The official launch will take place in Q3 2020.