Realme has begun to roll out a new software update to the Realme 3, 3i, and 3 Pro smartphones in India. The Realme 3 and 3i getting the same firmware update with build version C.19 while the Realme 3 Pro getting C.14.
The new software for Realme 3/3i/3 Pro installs the December 2020 and January 2021 security patch together in order to increase the device security against the CVEs listed in these months’ security bulletin.
As per the changelog, the C.19 update for Realme 3 and 3i brings numerous features including a Lock Home screen layout, quick start camera icon on the lock screen, Multi-User Mode, Super power-saving mode, Icon pull-down gesture, and more.
On the other hand, Realme 3 Pro gets an update that is packed with tons of fixes which is related to several system functions including apps, Bluetooth, Photos, alarm, Network, and more.
How to update:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Software Updates
- Download and Install the latest update, if available
Realme 3 and Realme 3i:
- Updated Android security patch: December, 2020 & January, 2021
- Added Lock Home screen layout
- Added horizontal scrolling screenshot
- Added “Back” button on the screenshot preview interface
- Added a quick start camera icon on the lock screen interface
- Added Multi-User Mode
- Added Super power saving mode
- Added Icon pull-down gesture
Realme 6 Pro:
- Updated Android security patch: December, 2020, January, 2021
- Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off
- Fixed the issue that two cancel buttons appear when the input box is clicked multiple times in the weather
- Fixed the issue of abnormal system permission acquisition when the radio is turned on
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of crashing when entering the alarm details
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that VOLTE be registered