UPDATE: Official Realme UI 2.0
Realme Narzo 20 Pro is now getting the official Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0. Check the complete details below.
Find the complete changelog below:
UI version: RMX2151PU_11.C.09
Personalise the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
• Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimised “Auto brightness”.
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified contacts.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: March 19, 2021 – Realme Narzo 20 Pro Open Beta
Realme has now started releasing the stable Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 update for eligible smartphones. Realme Narzo 20 Pro models are also eligible to test these latest features via an early access program. While the stable version is also released for select phones.
Moving further, the Chinese phone maker closed the early access program for the Narzo 20 Pro and started the Realme UI 2.0 Open Beta program which means that the stable version is coming near. The Open Beta updates are more stable than the Early Access program.
The Narzo 20 users can also apply for the Realme UI 2.0 Open Beta program if they are interested to experience the new feature of this latest UI. This version is for testing purposes and the users can give suggestions and feedback after testing.
Before applying for the Open Beta make sure that your device is running on the version RMX2161PU_11.A.83 / RMX2161PU_11.A.87. To apply go to Settings > Software update > Tap on the Settings icon on the top left corner > then click Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now.
Must Read Before Apply (Disclaimer):
• Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
• To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
• The latest Open Beta version will be chosen as the stable version and rolled out to all users, there is no difference if you have already joined the Open Beta program.
• Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 11 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crashing down on your device. Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available in the Play Store before your update.
• The Open Beta versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and affect daily use.
• Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise, there will be a risk of an update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
• Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.