[UPDATE: 19 APRIL, 2021]
[UPDATE: 17 MARCH, 2021]
According to the latest info, Realme has recently released the stable Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 update for Realme Narzo 20 Pro smartphones. The latest update can be Identified with the software version RMX2161_11_C.04 and the size of this update is 729MB.
Original Article: March 5, 2021
Realme introduced the new version of its custom skin, Realme UI 2.0 just after the announcement of Google’s Android 11. This latest version of Realme UI comes with plenty of new features, added customization options, and much more to improve device performance and provide a better user experience.
As we know, Realme keeps inviting several qualified smartphones to participate in the early experience activities of Realme UI 2.0. At the same time, the company also announced the Realme UI 2.0 / Android 11 Early Access plan for several smartphones in India including Realme Narzo 20, Realme 7 Pro, Realme 7i, and more.
Now, as per the latest info, the company has released the stable Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 update for Realme Narzo 20 smartphones. This latest update can be Identified with the software version A.25 (RMX2193_11.A.25).
It can be noted that this update will have a staged rollout that means the update will roll out in batches. Currently, this update will be randomly released to a limited number of users today and after making sure there are no critical bugs, the company will expand the upgrade. If you have received the update over the air, then follow these steps to get the update.
- Open device Settings
- Find and select the Software updates menu
- Finally, tap on Download and install button.
Personalize the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split-screen mode.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
[Security and Privacy]
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.