Redmi K40 Gaming smartphone users have begun collecting the MIUI 13 software built upon Android 12 OS. The users are grabbing the new MIUI interface update in China through the OTA (over the air) distribution. As it is an OTA update, we can expect to face some delay in the access of the software to the eligible units in the country.
JOIN XIAOMI ON TELEGRAM
Additionally, on the other hand, Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G users are also receiving the same update via OTA in the same region. Meanwhile, both the devices are also getting a new security patch for a renovation in the security system. Thus, Xiaomi has handed over a bunch of rewards for Redmi device users in China.
MIUI 13 Changelog
- Responsiveness for all systems and most popular third-party apps
- The home screen is now much more fluid and responsive
- Voice controls are better recognized in Accessibility mode now
- Enhanced accessibility support for Phone, Clock, Weather, and Themes
- Privacy protection, secure web browsing, and better feed
- Mind map nodes are more convenient and intuitive now
- The wallet looks much better now
- Stable MIUI based on Android 12
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
Mi Smart Hub
- Tablets can connect to the portable hotspot in one tap
- Phones and tablets have a shared clipboard now. Copy items on one device – and paste on the other.
- An option for taking a photo with the phone’s camera is now available
- Handoff is now seamless between Xiaomi phones and tablets while using the same Mi Account
- Apps can be seamlessly handed off between phones and tablets
- Verification codes on a phone move easily on a tablet as well
- Photos taken with a phone can be instantly viewed on a tablet
NOTE: To be able to use handoff functionality with photos, update MIUI+ to 3.5.11 or later
- Displaying protective watermarks as a pattern over the whole image protects it from misuse
- Introducing comprehensive anti-fraud protection mechanisms that include warnings, official labels, and transaction shields
- Incognito mode restricts camera, microphone, and location permissions
- Secure input protects all the text you enter
- Privacy camera ultimately shows your face and masks the rest of the picture when face recognition is in requirement
NOTE: To be able to use all MIUI 13 privacy protection features, update Gallery, Security, Contacts, and Messaging to their latest versions
System font: All-new Mi Sans system font with better readability
Wallpaper: “Crystallization” super wallpapers
- A new widget ecosystem offers lots of items that can make your Home screen more informative
- New gorgeous widgets for system and third-party apps
- Lots of customizable widgets, including different clocks, signatures, as well as stickers
Mi AI voice assistant: Mi AI’s avatar, timbre, and controls can be fully customized accordingly
NOTE: To be able to use this feature, update Mi AI to its latest version
More features and improvements:
- Opening of apps as floating windows directly from the sidebar
- Ambient sound recognition in Mi Ditto
The MIUI 13 rooted on Android 12 update for Redmi K40 gaming and Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G appears as V18.104.22.168.SKJCNXM with 4.7GB and V22.214.171.124.SKPCNXM with 4.4GB respectively.