Xiaomi is rolling out the stable Android 13-based MIUI 14 software update for Redmi Note 12 5G smartphone users. This new version of MIUI will offer you a bundle of new and great features including a refreshed user interface, new widgets, improved visual changes, and much more.
Redmi Note 12 5G smartphone users in China will now be able to enjoy the latest components more effectively with the stable version of the MIUI 14 update based on Android 13. Alongside this, the February 2023 security patch will also bring optimization to the system performance.
Users of Redmi 12 5G will be able to determine this stable MIUI 14 software through the build version V188.8.131.52.TMQCNXM and an installation package of 5.4GB. Notably, the update is currently released in China, however, it will soon be available for more users widely.
With MIUI 14, more than 30 scenes support end-to-end privacy with no data stored in the cloud and all actions performed locally on the device. It also offers improved system architecture, that comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
Other than this there is much more that you will experience after upgrading your device to the latest version. And for a better understanding, you can check the complete changelog below.
- Updated Android Security Patch to February 2023.
- Increased system security.
- MIUI uses less memory now and keeps being swift and responsive over much more extended periods.
- Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
- Attention to detail redefines personalization and brings it to a new level.
- Super icons will give your Home screen a new look. (Update Home screen and Themes to the latest version to be able to use Super icons.)
- Home screen folders will highlight the apps you need most making them just one tap away from you.
- More than 30 scenes now support end-to-end privacy with no data stored in the cloud and all actions performed locally on the device.
- You can press and hold the text on a Gallery image to instantly recognize it now. 8 languages are supported.
- Family services allow sharing all the essential things with the people you care about most.
- Family services allow creating of groups with up to 8 members and offer various roles with different permissions.
- You can share photo albums with your family group now. Everyone in the group will be able to view and upload new items.
- Set your shared album as a screensaver on your TV and let all your family members enjoy these joyful memories together!
- Family services allow sharing of health data (e.g. heart rate, blood oxygen, and sleep) with family members.
- Child accounts offer a series of sophisticated measures of parental controls, from limiting screen time and restricting app usage to setting a secure area.
Mi AI voice assistant
- Mi AI is no longer just a voice assistant. You can use it as a scanner, translator, call assistant, and more.
- Mi AI allows you to perform complicated daily tasks by using simple voice commands. Communicating with your device could never be easier.
- With Mi AI, you can scan and recognize anything – be it an unfamiliar plant or an important document.
- Mi AI is ready to help whenever you bump into a language barrier. Smart translation tools support multiple languages.
- Dealing with calls is so convenient with Mi AI: it can filter spam calls or easily take care of the calls for you.
More features and improvements
- Search in Settings is now more advanced. With search history and categories in results, everything looks much crisper now.
- You can boost connection speed using mobile data when the Wi-Fi signal is too weak.
However, the update is rolling out through the OTA method, but you can also install it manually via Settings > About Phone > System update > Download & Insatall. Now, your device will be upgraded to the new version of Android, but before that take some precautions like –
- Don’t forget to back up all important items before upgrading.
- The update process might take longer than usual.
- Expect overheating and other performance issues after you update.
- It might take some time for your device to adapt to the new version.
- Remember that some third-party apps aren’t yet compatible with Android 13 and you might not be able to use them normally.