February 01, 2021: [Snapdragon Variants]
After rolling out the latest security patch to the Exynos powered Galaxy S20 units, Samsung has released the February 2021 security update to the Snapdragon variants of the Galaxy S20 models in the US.
- G981U1UES1CUA2 – Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- G986U1UES1CUA2 – Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- G988U1UES1CUA2 – Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
January 28, 2021: [Exynos Variants]
Back in December 2020, Xiaomi was already started releasing the January 2021 security patch for its different devices ahead of a week from the next month. On the other hand, the global leading smartphone brand – Samsung got defeated in terms of sending the latest security update earlier than Xiaomi.
Meanwhile, the last month’s situation has been changed because the February 2021 security patch from Samsung has already started arriving on its Galaxy S20 series flagships. The company is initially pushing the latest security update for the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra Exynos variants in the European region.
- G980FXXS6CUA8/G981BXXS6CUA8 – Samsung Galaxy S20 LTE/5G
- G985FXXS6CUA8/G986BXXS6CUA8 – Samsung Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G
- G988BXXS6CUA8 – Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
However, Samsung has not released the security bulletin of its February 2021 security patch. It is expected that the Korean tech giant will soon detail the latest security patch and its revisions for numerous Samsung Galaxy devices.
In addition to the Galaxy S20 models, Samsung will soon release the newer security update for its other remaining devices in the coming days. Just like every time, the Galaxy S20 units will receive this over the air update in several batches, so it may take a while to arrive at you.
Here’s how to check for update manually:
- Open your Galaxy S20 series’ Settings
- Scroll down and select the Software updates option
- Simply hit Download and install button.