Samsung Galaxy S21 series phones are currently testing the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 beta version in select countries. Despite this, Samsung has begun rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.1.1 update for Galaxy S21 in the US.
It’s worth noticing that only Verizon is releasing the Samsung Galaxy S21 One UI 4.1.1 update as it’s not letting the customers join the One UI 5.0 beta program. The update might also expand to other non-beta testers shortly.
- Galaxy S21 – G991USQU5CVH8
- Galaxy S21+ – G996USQU5CVH8
- Galaxy S21 Ultra – G998USQU5CVH8
The official changelog for this update doesn’t mention so many changes. It only mentions a couple of new features for Private Share and Smart View. On the other side, it also installs the August 2022 Android security patch for system security and stability enhancement.
According to the official information, your Samsung Galaxy S21 will let you edit names even after the files are shared through private sharing once you install the latest One UI 4.1.1 update. If you want to do this, simply go to Private Share >> select sent or received files >> select the 3 dots for more options >> select Edit name.
In addition to this, the company also improves the Smart View feature with enhanced Multi View features. Samsung brings a new Multi-View options window that appears on selecting the Multi-View controls from the Smart View drop-down list.
This software update brings the latest One UI 4.1.1 and other enhancements.
- You can now edit names once files are shared through private sharing. Go to Private Share > select sent or received files > select the 3 dots for more options > select Edit name.
- Multi View has been enhanced to fit your daily usage style. Select the Multi View controls from the Smart View drop down list. The Multi View options window will appear.
How to install One UI 4.1.1:
- Visit your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and enter the Software update section.
- Tap the Download and install option and wait for a few seconds.
- Once the update is visible, tap on the Download button.
- After downloading, Install the update and Reboot your device.