After rolling out for Galaxy Tab S8 series and Galaxy Z Fold 4, Samsung is now dispatching the Android 13-based One UI 5.1.1 update to Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G devices. Notably, the latest software version is currently available to install in Switzerland and the company will expand its reach to more users soon.
Talking about the offerings, the latest iteration of One UI brings a host of new features and optimizations such as better app previews on the recent screen, an easy switch from pop-up view to split screen, improved media controls, more date, and time styles for watermarks, enhanced remaster previews and much more.
Besides this, there is much more that you will encounter after upgrading your device to the latest version. One more thing, the latest update also contains the August 2023 Android security patch for optimized performance and better security of the system. To access the latest version visit Settings > Software Update > Download & Install.
FOLLOW OUR SOCIALS → GOOGLE NEWS, TELEGRAM
One UI 5.1.1 Changelog
Better app previews on the Recents screen
- The Recents screen now shows apps as they will appear after you open them. You can easily see if an app is opened in split screen, full screen, or as a pop-up.
Easily switch from pop-up view to split screen
- Press and hold the handle at the top of the pop-up window, then drag the app to the side of the screen where you want it to be shown.
Restore pop-ups snapped to the edge of the screen
- Drag an app in pop-up view to the edge of the screen to snap it to the edge and keep it out of the way. When you need it again, tap anywhere on the pop-up to bring it back to its previous location.
Use the Flex mode panel with more apps
- More apps can now be used with the Flex mode panel. When the Flex mode panel is turned on, just fold your phone upright and tap the button that appears on the navigation bar.
Improved media controls
- Buttons for skipping forward and backward 10 seconds are now available on the Flex mode panel. When you touch the time bar, the time you’ll move to will be shown to help you find the right moment.
Customize the toolbar
- Create your own personal layout to quickly access features like split screen view, screen capture, and more. Touch and hold an icon on the Flex mode panel toolbar to reorder the icons or move icons into or out of the toolbar.
Share with contacts
- You can now send files to your contacts anytime, even if they’re not near you.
Share files privately
- Protect private content when you share it. You can set expiration dates for the files you send, cancel sharing at any time, and prevent recipients from saving or resharing.
Improved sleep coaching
- New coaching content and layouts make it easier to check your progress and build better sleeping habits. (Requires Galaxy Watch4 or newer)
More meaningful sleep data
- Screen layout and explanations have been enhanced to make it easier to check and understand each sleep factor. (Requires Galaxy Watch4 or newer)
Measure your skin temperature during sleep
- See how your skin temperature changes throughout the night to help you create a more comfortable sleep environment. (Requires Galaxy Watch5 or newer)
Better workout summaries
- New workout summaries help you focus on meaningful information from your exercise.
Stay on track to meet your goals
- Rewards, badges, and personal best records have been enhanced to keep you motivated and help you meet your health goals.
Camera and Gallery
More date and time styles for watermarks
- Customize the date and time separately with more style options to get the perfect look for your watermark.
Enhanced remaster previews
- Thumbnail images are now shown below the image you’re remastering. Tap a thumbnail to compare the remastered image to the original with a larger view.
Apply effects more easily
- Filter and tone effects in Gallery now use a dial instead of a slider making it easier to make precise adjustments with just one hand.
Copy and paste effects
- You can now copy and paste filters and tones from one picture you’ve edited to another.
Drag and drop with two hands
- Start dragging files, app icons, or other items with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the folder or location where you want to drop them. Supported in My Files and the Home screen.
Listen to Auracast broadcasts
- Use your phone to find and listen to nearby Auracast broadcasts with your Galaxy Buds2 Pro or other devices that support Bluetooth LE Audio.
Keep storage space available
- When you’re running low on space in your internal storage, app cache information will be shown when you analyze storage in My Files. Clearing app caches can help you free up space without deleting files or apps.Enhanced memory management in Device care
More information is provided about apps using memory on your phone, giving you the option to put apps to sleep if too much memory is being used.
Change your mode from the Lock screen
- Change between Sleep mode, Driving mode, and other modes directly from the Lock screen.
Customize your layout in Samsung Internet
- When you choose to show the address bar at the bottom of the screen, the tab bar and bookmark bar will also be shown at the bottom.