April 18 (09:31 ET) ― April 2022 update
Realme 7 Pro: April 2022 security patch
Realme 7 Pro is now getting the latest security patch. That brings the April 2022 security patches. Check the complete changelog below.
The update has rolled out for a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs.
UI Version: RMX2170_11_F.12
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
Convenience & efficiency
• Adds “”Background stream””: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
• Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
Security and privacy
• Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
• Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
• Optimizes the mistouch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches.
• Optimizes accessibility:
• Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
• Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
• TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
January 27 (13:00 ET) ― Realme UI 3.0 early access
Realme UI 3.0 early access application is now open
Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 has finally arrived, and here’s your chance to enroll your Realme 7 Pro in the Realme UI 3.0 Early Access program and experience it before anybody else!
Early Access Application:
1. Make sure your realme 7 Pro has 60%+ battery.
2. Update your device to the required UI version → RMX2170_11.C.28
3 .Apply for the Early access via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner → Trial Version → Apply Now → Submit your details and finish the quiz).
December 23 (09:31 ET) ― December 2021 update
Gets December/November 2021 security patch
Realme 7 Pro is now getting the latest security patch. The update also brings the December and November 2021 security patches. Check the complete changelog below.
UI Version: RMX2170_11.C.28
• Integrates the November and December 2021 Android security patches.
• Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
• Fixes an issue where images could not be loaded occasionally in WhatsApp.
UPDATE 1: SEPTEMBER 18, 2021
Realme 7 Pro is getting a new update via OTA for the month of September! You can check the complete changelog below.
Note: In order to ensure the stability of this update, it will have a staged rollout. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days.
Find the complete change log below:
UI Version: RMX2170_11.C.26
● Optimized the system performance and improved the system stability
JUNE 19, 2021
Currently, Realme is rolling out an Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 update to all eligible devices. However, a bunch of devices already received the stable version of this update.
Now, Realme has begun to roll out a new software update for Realme 7 Pro users, which brings some improvements and fixes to enhance the system performance.
The new update fixes the probabilistic issue of prompting error while using snapshot to record video on Instagram, lagging issues when swiping in Google, and while recording videos in some scenarios.
It also optimizes the issue of slow charging in some scenarios. Currently, the update is rolling out in India and it’ll soon expand in other regions. For more information, below you can check the updated software version and changelog.
UPDATED SOFTWARE VERSION
- Version – RMX2170_11_C.22
- Size – 217MB
- Fixed some known issues and optimized system stability
- Optimized the issue of slow charging in some scenarios
- Fixed the probabilistic lagging issues while recording videos in some scenarios
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of prompting error while using snapshot to record video on instagram
- Fixed the probabilistic lagging issues when swiping in the Google in some scenarios.
HOW TO UPDATE:
To check for the latest software update manually, just head into the device Settings and tap on the Software Updates menu. You can Download and Install the latest update now.