Android 14 has started rolling out in beta, and here we have everything regarding the ‘based’ skin – OnePlus OxygenOS 14. From the release date to exciting features and eligible devices, you will get an overall view of how the OxygenOS 14 will prove a stunning upgrade for the OnePlus gadgets.
OxygenOS 14 Release Date:
Going into the flashbacks, the Chinese firm announced the major OxygenOS 13 in August 2022 (after the stable Android 13 release). Thus, we could expect the OxygenOS 14 in the midweeks or late August.
Now let’s look at the device aspect. It’s a well-known fact that the latest flagships and top-end models will receive the Android 14 upgrade. This mainly includes the OnePlus 11 series and the 10th lineup. On the other hand, some Nord members will also enjoy the new benefits on board. OnePlus has already started the Android 14-based OxygenOS 14 beta program for the OnePlus 11.
Meanwhile, a few other new Nord products are also making their way to the OnePlus family. If the timing goes on well, we could hear the pre-installation of Android 14 for the nearing foldable phones as well.
OxygenOS 14 Eligible Devices:
- OnePlus 11
- OnePlus 11R
- OnePlus 10 Pro
- OnePlus 10T
- OnePlus 10R/5G
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus 9RT
- OnePlus Nord 2T
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite
- OnePlus Ace Pro
- OnePlus Ace Racing
- OnePlus Ace
Again, the company has not affirmed any details on this matter. However, the new software update policy hints that these could be the expected and compatible devices.
Android 14-based OxygenOS 14: Features
Android 14 brings many exclusive features. The list initially included satellite-oriented functions, predictive back gestures, and more. Consequently, we can also expect these features on the upcoming OxygenOS 14.
- Predictive Back Gesture – Android 14 is introducing a predictive back gesture that will let you preview where you’re going when you swipe back. So far, in Android 13, you could only preview swipes back to the home screen
- Revamped Color Palette – Android 13 shows more eye-catching color schemes and options in the Wallpaper section, which we may also find in OxygenOS 14.
- Installation block for older apps – Android 14 now alerts you on installing an app that targets API level 27 or lower (ie. Android 8.1 or older)
- Fast Pair – In the Connected Devices menu for efficient connectivity between devices.
- Advanced Memory Protection – To protect against harmful exploits and privacy threats in the internal system of the device.
- Satellite Connectivity – Help you to contact your friend and loved ones in an emergency even under low network areas.
- App Cloning feature – Android 14 will bring the “Cloned Apps” feature where you can use two accounts in an app at the same time.
Some other features are as follows:
- Health Connect
- Redesigned Security & Privacy
- Battery Saver User Interface
- Screen Time Option in Battery Usage
- Taskbar feature for tablets
- Better Accessibility features
- App Compatibility
We will keep updating these “everything” details for the Android 14-based OnePlus OxygenOS 14 as soon as we will bump into the latest and official information.
**Last updated on June 25, 2023
- Android 14 Beta 2 is now live for OnePlus 11 – June 25, 2023.
- Google released the Android 14 Beta 3 build with APIs and app-facing behaviors finalized – June 07, 2023.
- Google has released a small beta update for Android 14 Beta 2.1 – May 27, 2023.
- Android 14 Beta is now available for the OnePlus 11 – May 10, 2023.