In this article, you will find the latest news about Samsung’s One UI 4.0 skin including features, release date, and eligible devices.
Samsung One UI custom skin comes with a bunch of new system changes that can be easily noticed on the lock screen and the home screen of the devices.
Here is the Android 12 One UI 4.0 tracker in which we will keep a track of all the news, leaks, rumors, and more coming regarding this upcoming OS version of Samsung.
Here are the direct links to the topics that you are searching for: [Updated – OCTOBER 23, 2021]
Will Samsung provide One UI 4.0 beta to budget smartphones?
Last time with the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 we saw that the company has included the Galaxy M31 and Galaxy A51 for the beta testing.
It was the first time when any budget and a mid-range Galaxy device got the taste of the major upgrade ahead of the stable rollout.
Looking at the previous update schedule and strategy of Samsung, we can expect that it might offer beta testing for more mid-range devices this time. There are a bunch of Galaxy devices in this range launched recently.
Well, we don’t yet know which of these phones might be testing the One UI 4 features just like the flagship devices.
One UI 4.0 Features
Samsung has officially unveiled the features of the One UI 4.0, thanks to the One UI 4 Beta announcement.
The new One UI user interface brings a unified mobile experience to Galaxy smartphones through simplified and streamlined interactions and a clean and elegant design.
Samsung says “One UI 4 beta participant will be able to experience comprehensive customization capabilities and privacy controls that empower them to design their ideal mobile experience — one that’s uniquely suited to their individual needs and allows them to express who they are.”
One UI 4 also brings improved customization options. The theme options let the users adjust the look and functionality of their device, giving them tools to configure their home screens, icons, notifications, wallpapers, and much more. Plus, redesigned, upgraded widgets offer deep customization — from visibility to appearance. Users also get convenient access to a more robust and diverse array of emojis all in one place, so they can effortlessly navigate their options to enjoy richer communication experiences.
The new One UI 4 also brings enhanced privacy and protection functions that make it easier for users to understand exactly how their data are being used to customize their settings and deliver a more personalized mobile experience. Indicators alert users to app camera and microphone usage, so they can instantly disable permissions if they don’t want to grant access.
The One UI 4 also expands on Android 12’s permission options, allowing users to view their permissions history from the last seven days, not just the last 24 hours. They can also check the current data usage of both their permissions and their apps.
One UI 4.0 Release Date – Android 12 Schedule
Samsung has started the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 beta program for the Galaxy S21 series. It will soon be followed by other eligible Galaxy devices.
Samsung will use the information gathered from the beta program to fine-tune the One UI 4 user experience before delivering a final, optimized upgrade later this year.
One UI 4.0 device list [Eligible Devices]: RPRNA
Samsung One UI 4.0 Device List:
Samsung Galaxy S-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20/5G
- Galaxy S20+/5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra/5G
- Galaxy S20 FE/UW/5G
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Note-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy Note 20/5G
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra/5G
- Galaxy Note 10/5G
- Galaxy Note 10+/5G
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Fold & Flip One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold 2/5G
- Galaxy Z Flip/5G
- Galaxy Fold/5G
Samsung Galaxy Tab-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy Tab S7/5G
- Galaxy Tab S7+/5G
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S6/5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Samsung Galaxy A-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy A71/5G
- Galaxy A51/5G
- Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A03s
- Galaxy A52s 5G
- Galaxy A12 Nacho
- Galaxy A22/5G
- Galaxy A32/5G
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A52
- Galaxy A52 5G
Samsung Galaxy M-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy M52 5G
- Galaxy M22
- Galaxy M21 2021
- Galaxy M32/5G
- Galaxy M42 5G
- Galaxy M12
- Galaxy M62
Samsung Galaxy F-series One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy F22
- Galaxy F52 5G
- Galaxy F62
- Galaxy F12
Other Samsung Galaxy One UI 4.0 device list: RPRNA
- Galaxy Quantum 2
- Galaxy Xcover 5
Note: We will update this Android 12-One UI 4 tracker section-wise as soon as we receive something new about any of the topics mentioned above, so stay tuned to get all the latest updates about the Android 12 and One UI 4.0 update.
LATEST NEWS: OCTOBER 23, 2021
- According to @UniverseIce, the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will join the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 beta program in the near future. [October 23]
- The One UI 4.0 Beta 3 is here for the Galaxy S21 devices. [October 20]
- Samsung has released the One UI 4.0 Beta 2 for the S21 devices. [October 08]
- It seems like the US network carrier, T-Mobile, is developing the Android 12 OS for the Galaxy S21 series. [October 01]
- Samsung’s internal One UI 4 has reached the Beta9 version, and the company has fixed many bugs. [September 29]
- According to Samsung insider, the Android 12-based One UI 4 won’t introduce any noticeable changes and features compared to the One UI 3.0. [September 22]
- With One UI 4.0 Beta, the Galaxy S21 is getting two new toggles in the quick settings menu that can be used for enabling/disabling Mic and Camera access. [September 18]
- The Galaxy S21 phones are now allowing owners to use third-party icon packs that can be mostly downloadable through Google Play Store.
- 8 Good Lock apps are compatible with One UI 4.0 beta
- Samsung has released the One UI 4.0 beta to the Galaxy S21 smartphones.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series One UI 4.0 beta program started.
- The Galaxy Note 10 series will reportedly get the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update in March/April 2022.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra spotted running Android 12
- One UI 4.0 update to enable SoundAssistant in DeX mode
- A new screenshot appears online, which shows Android 12-based One UI 4.0, possibly an early beta testing unit.
- Samsung to start the One UI 4.0 Beta program in September, a report claimed.
- Samsung starts Android 12 (One UI 4.0) development for the Galaxy S21 series