*This article is updated with the latest information.
Google’s next major version of Android, Android 14, is already on the public stage. The Android 14 stable release at the Pixel 8 series launch event reveals the incredible features of the OS. Android 14 optimizes the way apps work together, improves system health and battery life, and polishes the end-user experience.
According to the testing schedule, just like the Android 13’s testing phase, we tested developer previews in February and March. Google also started public beta testing in April and already reached the platform’s stability in June. After some delay, the tech giant introduced the official version on October 04, 2023.
We will now talk about Android 14-based One UI 6.0 OS for Samsung Galaxy smartphones. Flagship Samsung devices ranging from the Galaxy S21 series to the Galaxy Z Fold5 and Flip5 foldable are eligible for the One UI 6.0 update, based on Android 14. In addition, there are a lot of Galaxy handsets launched with Android 12, which are also on the list!
Samsung One UI 6.0 Features
All the Security and Privacy-related features and improvements of Android 14 will be included with the One UI 6.0 update. Samsung doesn’t rely on Google’s Android when it comes to the user interface as Galaxies offer the best and clean user experience with One UI.
Meanwhile, the South Korean tech giant has dropped several beta builds in recent times which hints what exactly we will grab with the official One UI 6.0 software upgrade.
You can check every new feature in the One UI 6.0 Beta Changelog HERE.
Samsung One UI 6.0 Eligible Devices
In the Galaxy Z series, Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold5/Flip5, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip4, Galaxy Z Fold 3, and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are eligible for the new OS. In the Galaxy S series, the Galaxy S23 series will get One UI 6 first, however, it will also be rolled out to the Galaxy S22 series and Galaxy S21 series (FE included).
Samsung offers two major Android upgrades to every Galaxy device (from Galaxy A, M, and F lineups). It means, if your device launched with Android 12 out of the box, it will surely get the Android 14 upgrade. Some A series devices are also eligible for three OS upgrades, hence, check the complete list HERE.
Samsung One UI 6.0 Release Date
Samsung has completed the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 rollout and is offering new features and improved usability as part of the incremental One UI 5.1.1 update. The company started the One UI 6.0 beta program in July 2023, and we can expect a stable release by late October or early November.
As promised, this year, the company will try to deploy One UI even faster and more reliable software for Galaxy.
- Android 14 Release Date
- Google has already released the first Android DP1 in early February 2023 and the DP2 in March. Google released the first Beta build in April, the second beta in May, the third in June, and in July we will see Beta 4 and Beta 5 builds. The final release of Android 14 took place in early October.
**We will add more devices to the eligible list
***This article will be updated regularly. Last updated on October 14, 2023. It was first published on May 20.
Samsung One UI 6.0 Update Tracker:
- One UI 6.0 beta 2 rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 with tons of fixes – October 14, 2023
- Amazing! Samsung kicks off One UI 6 Beta program for Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 – October 13, 2023
- Samsung surprises Galaxy F23 users with One UI 6 Beta program – October 13, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy S22 series getting One UI 6 Beta 2 in India – October 12, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G picks another One UI 6 beta update with new bug fixes – October 12, 2023
- One UI 6 Beta 2 is rolling out for Samsung Galaxy A53 with new enhancements – October 12, 2023
- Samsung One UI 6.1 to introduce new AI features, biggest upgrade already in pipeline! – October 09, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 users can now join the One UI 6.0 beta race – October 07, 2023
- Samsung One UI 6 (Android 14) beta program opens for Galaxy Z Fold 5 – October 06, 2023
- Samsung One UI 6.0 gathers center stage at the SDC 2023 event – October, 06, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy A53 users also join One UI 6 Beta race – September 27, 2023
- Samsung users will see refined One UI 6 animations next month: Tipster – September 25, 2023
- Great! Samsung fixes these critical issues with One UI 6 Beta 4 update – September 23, 2023
- Samsung presents new Screen Curtain feature with One UI 6 – LINK
- These Samsung devices joined One UI 6 (Android 14) Beta batch (List) – September 22, 2023
- Breaking! One UI 6 (Android 14) Beta rollout begins for Samsung Galaxy S21 – September 20, 2023
- One UI 6 allows users to pick which apps to update when upgrading to new Android versions – September 18, 2023
- One UI 6 Beta 3 brings these new hidden changes to your Samsung devices – September 15, 2023
- Samsung One UI 6 Beta 3 brings enhanced Video Player layout – September 15, 2023
- Samsung One UI 6 Beta 3 (Android 14) rolling out with new features and fixes, check here – September 14, 2023
- Breaking: Samsung released One UI 6 (Android 14) Beta for Galaxy A54 – September 08, 2023
- Unleash your creativity with Samsung’s One UI 6 Photo Editor elements – September 08, 2023
- Elevate your experience with Samsung One UI 6 smarter Airplane Mode – September 08, 2023
- Samsung officially locks One UI 6.0 launch date for October 5 – August 30, 2023
- Check out these four Samsung One UI 6 Gallery App Enhancements – August 26, 2023
- Real animation changes coming with upcoming Samsung One UI 6.0 Beta: Tipster – August 19, 2023
- The 1st One UI 6 Beta is apparently based on Android 14 Beta 4 – August 14, 2023
- Samsung could add new charging animation with One UI 6 Beta in the future – August 12, 2023
- Samsung spotted testing One UI 6 on Galaxy M54, M23, F54 and F23 – August 09, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy A52 and S21 FE One UI 6.0 testing started – July 24, 2023.
- Samsung Galaxy S23’s One UI 6 Beta ZWFA appeared for Europe and India – July 09, 2023.
- Samsung started One UI 6.0 internal testing for the Galaxy S22 – June 27, 2023.
- Google released the Android 14 Beta 3 build with APIs and app-facing behaviors finalized – June 07, 2023.
- Samsung begins updating its apps with Android 14 support – June 03, 2023.
- Google has released a small Android 14 Beta 2.1 update – May 27, 2023.
- Samsung is already testing the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 on the Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra smartphones – May 10, 2023.
- Samsung Mod revealed that the One UI 6.0 update will bring support for the Camera Assistant app to Galaxy A series smartphones – April 21, 2023.