Samsung Galaxy S20 devices were the first to get a chance for testing beta as well as the stable version. Later on, the company has also rolled out the One UI 3.1 update for these phones.
Now, as per the latest information, Verizon started sending a new firmware update to the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra models in the US. This is not just a security update as its changelog shows us three new camera features that will be added to the Galaxy S20 phones after installing this OTA.
Users can identify this update via release versions: G988USQU1DUD3, G986USQU1DUD3, and G981VSQU1DUD3 for the Galaxy S20 Ultra, S20+, and S20 5G UW respectively. Since this FOTA is spreading in a staged manner in the United States so it may take some time be arrive on every Verizon-locked Galaxy S20 unit.
According to the update log, Verizon releasing April 2021 security patch and three new smart camera features called Pro Mode – Ultra Wide, Mono/Backdrop Effects, and Auto Night Mode. Accordingly, the Galaxy S20 series smartphone users will use the ultrawide lens in Pro and Pro Video camera modes.
Furthermore, the stock Camera application will allow users to change the background for portrait shots by using several newly added effects including High-Key Mono, Low-Key Mono, and Backdrop.
Lastly, the Night mode will turn on automatically when the user captures an image in low light conditions in Photo, Portrait, and Hyperlapse camera modes as well.
- This software update provides the latest Android security patch, and new camera features shown below.
Pro Mode – Ultra Wide
- Ultra-wide lens is now available in Pro and Pro Video camera modes.
Portrait – Mono/Backdrop Effects
- Change the background for portrait shots using the new High-Key Mono, Low-Key Mono, and Backdrop effects.
Auto Night Mode
- Photo, Portrait, and Hyperlapse camera modes now automatically detect low light conditions and turn on the Night mode for optimal quality.
How to check for updates:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Software updates
- Tap on the Download and install option