Apple just published beta 4 for developer testing, marking a further step toward the stable release of iOS 16.1 and the WatchOS 9.1 software. Both the major firmware come packed with visual changes and handy features that further enrich Apple devices.
Well, the developer preview version aims to bury flaws that pose a challenge for users by the experts. It is an essential aspect for any major software to flourish its inner side through several beta testing by the developers and released for the user’s testing.
The Apple iOS 16.1 and WatchOS 9.1 are both software in a similar phase of beta 4 testings, we can expect that they will be released at the approx the same time. Let’s check what new features the 4th beta of both OS brings for you.
Apple iOS 16.1: Apple iOS 16 is now its 4th beta phase for the developers, you can identify it through 20B5064c built, and iOS 16 brings a bunch of new features and changes for the devices that you can check below:
- Live Activities: Live Activities help you stay on top of things that are happening in real-time, right from your Lock Screen
- Live Activities API: Follow an ongoing sports game, track the progress of your ride, or order with just a glance. A glance at Live Activities from your favorite third-party apps with the new developer API
- Apple Wallet app can be deleted: OS 16.1 now lets users delete the Wallet app for the first time. As you’d expect, deleting the Wallet app means you won’t be able to use a number of different features, including Apple Pay, Apple Cash, and Apple Card
- Matter support: Matter is a new smart home connectivity standard that will enable compatible accessories to work together seamlessly, across platforms
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: A new way for families to share photos seamlessly with a separate iCloud library that up to six users can collaborate on, contribute to, and enjoy. Users can choose to share existing photos from their personal libraries or share based on a start date or people in the photos
- Clean Energy Charging: Clean Energy Charging aims to decrease the carbon footprint of the iPhone by optimizing charging times for when the grid is using cleaner energy sources
- Battery percentage for more iPhones: After first launching late in the iOS 16 beta cycle, the battery percentage icon is also now available on the iPhone XR, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 13 mini.
Apple WatchOS 9.1: The Apple WatchOS 9.1 beta 4 brings some general improvements to the Apple Watch operating system. You can identify it via the 20S5063c build version.
However, the update offers a new app for medicine reminders, more thorough workouts, and a revised Compass app. It also increases the number of languages for which the QWERTY keyboard is supported.
Along with a new Medications app that helps you keep track of all the medications and vitamins you take each day, Apple is also enhancing the Sleep app with watchOS 9 by adding more sleep data.