Last month, Xiaomi officially announced a new model for its Mi 10 series, Mi 10S. Recently, Mi 10S received a feature-packed update for Mi 10S running on Android 11, which brought a bunch of new features and optimizations for better device performance.
In terms of software, it comes pre-installed MIUI 12 based on Android 11. According to the second batch of Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5 devices list, this device eligible to receive the MIUI 12.5 update, so it will receive the updates soon.
Now, Xiaomi Mi 10S is receiving a new software update, which mainly installs the Android patch released in March 2021 along with a number of new features.
As per the changelog, the new firmware added a feature, i.e., swipe down from the top left corner to open the notification bar, and swipe down from the top right corner to open Control Center.
It further adds an animation that explains how to tap a large card, an option that allows you to restrict the control center’s opening on the lock screen, restrict notifications for permanently closed screens in DND mode, and switch between media notifications.
Apart from these features, it also solves the problem of flickering the screen after unlocking the device in reading mode. For more information about the update, you can see the full changelog below.
UPDATED SOFTWARE VERSION
Xiaomi Mi 10S (China) – V184.108.40.206.RGACNXM
- Optimization: Full-screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to March 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: An option that allows you to restrict opening the Control center while on the Lock screen
- Fix: The screen flashed after the device was unlocked in Reading mode
[Status bar, Notification shade]
- New: Permanent Lock screen notifications in the DND mode
- New: An option to switch between connected devices in the notification about media playback