Xiaomi is delivering a new software update for Redmi Note 9S and Redmi Note 9 Pro users. The update brings the July 2021 security patch for system security enhancement.
JOIN XIAOMI ON TELEGRAM
Previously, both the device received June 2021 security patch with some optimizations. Currently, the July update rolling out for the Global variant of these Note 9 series devices.
Besides this, the changelog doesn’t have much to show us and has not mentioned any other changes made to the system. More information about the update steps and the changelog is mentioned below.
UPDATED SOFTWARE VERSION
- Redmi Note 9S (Global) – V220.127.116.11.RJWMIXM (2.5GB)
- Redmi Note 9 Pro (Global) – V18.104.22.168.RJZMIXM (2.5GB )
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
July 2021 MIUI security patch in detail:
Security updates are important for any smartphone as it keeps the device protected against external threats and brings stability to the devices. The July 2021 security patch fixes 3 Critical, 38 High, and 0 Moderate for improved system security. Read more here.
Note: We do not recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!
Here’s how to check for updates manually
- From the Home Screen swipe down.
- Tap on Settings icon.
- Select About phone.
- Hit on MIUI version menu.
- Finally, click on Download update