Samsung is now releasing the December 2022 security update for the Verizon-locked Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy Note 20, Flip 3, and Fold2/3 foldable devices. The latest firmware is hovering around the US boundaries through the OTA (Over The Air) distribution method.
Since it is a security update, the corresponding device owners will not find major changes in the changelog. But the firmware plays a significant role in detecting hidden privacy threats and improving the overall stability of the security system. Eventually, it will renovate the device offering an enhanced user experience.
Join Us On Telegram
Where to find this update? Well, the newly-released December 2022 software update is reaching the devices in a regular manner and might take some days to touch the Verizon-branded Samsung Galaxy S21 series, Galaxy S21 FE series, Galaxy Note 20 series, and foldable smartphones.
However, you can dig into your device’s Settings menu, scroll down to select the Software Updates, and tap the Download & Install button. In the meantime, you can check the devices that are getting the fresh security patch along with their build versions, below.
December 2022 Update Version:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 – TP1A.220624.014.G991USQS5DVL3
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ – TP1A.220624.014.G996USQS5DVL3
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra – TP1A.220624.014.G998USQS5DVL3
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE – TP1A.220624.014.G990USQS4DVL1
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE (2022) – TP1A.220624.014.G990U2SQS2DVL1
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 – TP1A.220624.014.N981USQS3GVKA
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – TP1A.220624.014.N986USQS3GVKA
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 – TP1A.220624.014.F916USQS2IVK7
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 – TP1A.220624.014.F926USQS2EVK7
- Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 – TP1A.220624.014.F711USQS3EVK7
If you are heading for the manual method, then you have to note some points for the safety measures. Since it is a simple upgrade, it will not harm your device essentials. Yet, we will recommend taking a backup beforehand. Further, check the battery level and storage space before starting the installation.
For instance, your device must have more than 300MB of free storage and at least 40% of battery level. Next, use a stable internet connection to install the new firmware.
(Via – SammyFans)