Xiaomi has re-released MIUI 12 update for Mi 8 Explorer in China, which brings a set of new features and improvements to enhances device performance.
READ MORE: Xiaomi MIUI 12 Update Tracker: These Redmi, Mi and Poco devices have received the update so far
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
MIUI 12 stable update brings a number of new features such as new visual design, new animations, dynamic display, Super wallpaper, enhanced privacy, new camera features, and many more for better user experience.
This update also optimizes the control center, press and hold redirection options, Pro mode parameter, fixes some known issues, and more. Below you can check the updated software version, complete changelog, and download link to install the latest update.
The software version of this update for Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer is V126.96.36.199.QEHCNXM. The update is based on Android 10. We recommend users to download and install the latest update to enjoy the new features.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition changelog:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: MIUI 11 custom toggle order is preserved after updating to MIUI 12
- Fix: Some toggles disappeared from Control center in the editing mode
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- New: You can use custom images with Always-on display now.
- New: Usage history saves all your choices and allows you to come back to them.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- New: All-new design.
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: More than 2000 new Always-on display themes.
- New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
- Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
*If you’ve something to share, send us on [email protected]