Just recently, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 based on Android 12 for OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone users. This latest update is currently available in India and other carriers will receive the update in the next few days such as in Europe, North America, and global markets.
Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro brings several new and advanced features such as a redesigned interface, improved performance, improved dark mode, enhanced camera and gallery capabilities, and several improvements in accessibility.
As per the mentioned update log, OxygenOS 12 brings optimized home icons along with improved UI, using brand-new material-inspired design and unifying lights and layers. It also brings three adjustable levels to the newly supported Dark Mode, which brings a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
Newly added is Quick Launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly. It also optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to optimize screen brightness for multiple scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
OnePlus 7T | 7T Pro OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
In order to experience OxygenOS 12, please be sure that your device is on 220.127.116.11. or 18.104.22.168. version.
Ready to get started on the Open Beta 1?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
Note: After downgrading to Android 11, some applications may be lost. You can upgrade to the latest Oxygen OS 11 stable version to reinstall apps by downloading and installing the below packages.
Here are the latest packages of OxygenOS 11 to help you restore the lost applications after rollback to Android 11:
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures
- Cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
- Please be aware that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- As always, your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to hearing your continued feedback here in the bug reporting forum. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions, please visit How to Report a Bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.
- If you haven’t installed the Community app on your device, feel free to download it here.
- Be sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread.
Note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4GB storage space is available.