According to the latest report from gamesindustry.biz, the PlayStation 5 recorded the highest sales in Europe in March since its premiere last November. No exact figures are given, but the highest interest was recorded in France, Italy, and Spain.
In March, around 554.5 thousand consoles were sold in Europe, including retro devices and Oculus Quest 2. This is 17% more than in March last year. PlayStation 5 tops the list, followed by Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X | S.
The popularity of the PS5 also spurred interest in companion devices, which sold 1.32 million units in March. The best-selling gadget is the DualSense controller.
The video game rating is dominated by Rainbow Six Siege, followed by GTA 5 and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Here are the EMEAA GSD charts for March 2021:
GSD March 2021 Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical)
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (Ubisoft)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision)
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury* (Nintendo)
- FIFA 21 (EA)
- Monster Hunter Rise* (Capcom)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe* (Nintendo)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons* (Nintendo)
- NBA 2K21 (2K Games)
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Warner Bros)
- Metro Exodus (Deep Silver)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
- The Crew 2 (Ubisoft)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft)
- Little Nightmares 2 (Bandai Namco)
- Little Nightmares (Bandai Namco)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (Ubisoft)
- Minecraft Nintendo Switch Edition* (Mojang/Nintendo)
Tip Spot (Have any suggestion? send us on contacts below)