Google Play System is getting the June 2023 update that comes with a handful of new tweaks for the Wallet app. Eventually, this rollout offers new features and changes for your smartphone, watch, and tablet without making you wait for certain software.
According to the inputs, Google Play System June 2023 update is arriving with the v23.22 version. In terms of additions, the firmware reads notable points for the Wallet UI and Find My Device network, especially for the foldable gadgets.
With the latest development, Google has mainly focused on the Find My Device functionality and improved its security aspects. The respective feature was officially announced at the I/O 2023 event and we can expect its introduction with the Android 14 upgrade or Pixel 8 Series launch.
Further, the tech maker added the support of Gpay for folding phones. The changelog doesn’t specify what it means with this point. However, it hints that foldable phones will have to remain closed while making payments through Wallet. On the flip side, users can turn off the fun animation that shows up on the Wallet after they make a payment.
Last but not least, Android TV will pop up a reminder if a system update is ready to download and install. You can check the full details in the changelog given below.
Google Play System June 2023 Update – Changelog
- [Phone] – New alerts and recommendations to secure your Google Account
Security & Privacy
- [Phone] – Find My Device now supports more devices, including accessories, using a new privacy-centric framework.
- [Phone] – Gpay support for foldable devices
- [Phone] – Control to Opt-out of fun animations after you complete a payment or use a pass.
- [TV] – A reminder dialog for pending system updates have been added.
The changelog is quite thin but over time, the company will add more notes to this release. Till then, you can download the latest build for Google Play System and enjoy new features on board.