Apple iOS 17.1 update is in hearsay to make its way on the consumer platform on October 24 and we may find the new software with a bunch of exciting features as well as significant fixes. While there is still some time to catch the official version, let’s explore what does the company has packed into this upgrade.
To begin with, the Apple iOS 17.1 update features and fixes list counts enhancements for every section of the device. The tech giant has sewed new AirDrop features that let you transfer data over the internet when you step out of range from other devices. In addition, you will find new toggles in settings for connections.
Ahead, the firmware is said to bring a handful of changes to Apple Music with a new favorite tab. Besides, there are new filter options and a library of artwork to customize your playlist. The software update also includes changes to Standby mode, though they may remain confined to the iPhone 15 series.
iOS 17.1 update will also fix radiation issues with the iPhone 12 in France. Other than these, some more additions comprise new Photo Shuffle features on the lock screen, changes to the Action button, and more. Last but not least, you may find the following fixes:
- Improved Home key support for Matter locks
- Improved reliability of Screen Time settings syncing across devices.
- Fixes the Significant Location privacy setting issue
- Resolves an issue where the names of incoming callers may not appear when you are on another call
- Addresses custom and purchased ringtone issues
- Fixes an issue that may cause the keyboard to be less responsive
- Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue that may cause display image persistence