Huawei begins to roll out the October 2021 security update for the Huawei P40 series smartphone users in global markets. This latest update has been rolling out for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus users in Europe.
In addition, this P40 lineup is officially confirmed to be registered for the EMUI 12 beta test in some limited markets such as East Asia, Russia, and Europe. Although users are eagerly waiting for the EMUI 12, it’s important to install the security patches to maintain a steady performance of the phones.
Huawei P40 October 2021 Security Update:
According to the finding of HuaweiBlog (Via- HuaweiCentral), the October 2021 update comes with installing the latest security fixes in the smartphone. However, the update package for P40 has an installation size of 268 MB while P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus users will be getting a 1.35GB Update size.
- The EMUI V126.96.36.199 (C432E5R4P3) rolling out for Huawei P40 models
- Huawei P40 Pro users receiving EMUI 188.8.131.52 (C432E3R4P3) version update
- Users of Huawei P40 Pro Plus can find EMUI update with the 184.108.40.206 (C432E3R3P3) version
The respective security updates are currently released in Europe and soon expand for the other markers. Simultaneously, the Huawei EMUI 12 beta update registers are also open for the overseas markets, you can check more info below-
Huawei EMUI 12:
The major EMUI 12 software offers the powerful features of HarmonyOS with a new user interface. The flagship modes of the Huawei Mate 40, Mate 30, and P40 series have opened to register for the beta program with the help of the Huawei Beat App.
How to Install:
For installing this update, open the smartphone Settings and then System & Updates. Now click on Check for Updates, to see this latest firmware. If it’s available on your device tab on the Download and Install button to get the recent CVE fixes.
Before proceeding with the installation process, there are a few things you need to remember for an uninterrupted procedure. Check the points below
- This is a staged rollout, it may be possible that you haven’t received it yet
- Install the update as soon it reaches your device.
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a storage WiFi network.
- Don’t forget to restart your device once the installation process is complete.
- The user data will be safe during the update process but an advance backup is recommended.