Back in September, Xiaomi first released the MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi Note 9 Pro Max smartphones in India. Now the company is making its wider debut, bringing more features, improvements, and changes.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max MIUI 12.5 update:
First of all, it makes your phone lighter, faster, and durable. The MIUI 12.5 keeps your privacy in mind, now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently. You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
The updated Notes app will give you a more visual ID for your notes, it also offers drawing tools and dynamic layouts for typography so that you can make your notes more interesting. A gesture shortcut allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
It brings hundreds of new sounds that represent animals from all around. Also, the nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system. The MIUI 12.5 has a more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
Furthermore, the Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards. You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features. There are also new custom themes for keyboards. Interested people can get more details via the below-mentioned changelog.
Update Version: V184.108.40.206.RJXINXM
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- Fix: Lock screen notifications disappeared after an ended call
- Fix: Lock screen items weren’t displayed when super wallpapers and themes were combined
- Fix: A flashing black line appeared when Fingerprint unlock was used
(Status bar, Notification shade)
- Optimization: Algorithms for displaying incoming call notifications
- Optimization: Alarm notifications
- Optimization: Third-party theme compatibility for the Notification shade
- Optimization: Dark mode adjustments for notifications
- Fix: Floating notifications overlapped when the transparent background was used
- Fix: Permission dialog elements overlapped after a notification was long pressed
- Fix: Notifications weren’t displayed correctly when App lock was used
- Fix: Cleaner animations weren’t displayed correctly
- Fix: Notification shade couldn’t be opened in some cases
- Fix: Notifications weren’t displayed correctly after missed calls
- Fix: Issues with permissions after missed calls
- Fix: Floating notifications flashed when the Second space was used
- Fix: The clock wasn’t always displayed correctly in the Notification shade
- Fix: Player controls weren’t always displayed in the Notification shade
- Fix: Notification badges didn’t always appear
- Fix: Backgrounds weren’t displayed correctly when notifications arrived and third party themes were used
- Fix: Notifications weren’t always displayed correctly when “Raise to Wake” was used
- Fix: Buttons weren’t always displayed correctly on the notifications when Dark mode was on