OnePlus has kicked off the second June 2023 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro smartphone users. A few days ago, the tech giant released the first version of this update with the latest Android security patch for the respective devices. As of now, another version is set to land on these handsets.
According to the latest inputs, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are getting the second June 2023 update with OxygenOS 13.1 IN2011_18.104.22.1681 (EX01) and IN2021_22.214.171.1241 (EX01) builds, respectively. On the flip side, the firmware has a downloadable package of 1.08GB.
Despite the huge size, the update doesn’t count any additional improvements for the devices. In case you are wondering what is the major difference behind the first and second firmware, let us tell you that it only shows a slight change in the version. Meanwhile, the changelog remains the same as it is for the previous software upgrade.
- Integrates the June 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of the NFC function.
However, there could be some internal changes that you are entitled to experience after this installation. Therefore, we will suggest you download the firmware as soon as it reaches your phone’s screen. If it doesn’t, wait patiently as it is a staged rollout and will approach in batches.
By that time, you can make sure of the following points for your devices:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the software package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.