Apple has finally kicked off the stable iOS 16.5 update for iPhone users with a variety of new features and fixes. After beta testing for over a month, the company now gave the opportunity to its fans to explore the beneficial firmware in their devices.
The new and stable Apple iOS 16.5 update unlocks several useful features and fixes. Eventually, the list begins with a new Pride Celebration wallpaper, Sports Tab, and more. On the flip side, the changelog reads some fixes related to the Spotlight, Podcasts in CarPlay, and Screen Time settings.
While everything sounds good in the additions, the company has removed the Siri command option from the final release. To those who are unaware, Apple was planning to bring a screen recording command option to the Voice Assistant section. It would let users start or stop screen recording by commanding Siri for the same. But there is no such feature in the official version.
However, the upgrade is capable-enough to deliver an effective and immersive experience. Hence, get into the Settings app, tap on General, and select the Software Update section. The OTA package installation may take some time. Hence, don’t panic and keep patience.
Apple iOS 16.5 update includes the following changes and fixes
- A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the lock screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture.
- The Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more for the teams and leagues you follow.
- My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to the game pages where you can find additional details about specific games.
- Fixes an issue where the spotlight may become unresponsive.
- Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content.
- Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices.