Google released its first developer preview of Android 13 on February 10, 2022. And in that time, Google has also published Android 13 development phases (AKA roadmap), which includes developer preview, public beta, AOSP, and stable release.
Google first released the Android 13 update through the Developer Preview Program and then in April the update was released in the Beta 1 phase. After that, the company released Android 13 Beta 2 for Pixel phone users in May.
Finally, a few days back, Google announced Android 13 beta 3 for its Pixel series smartphones. Now the update will be released in beta 4 next month, then by August, the update will be released to Android users in a stable stage.
Google Android 13 Roadmap
- Developer Previews — Feb/Mar
- Beta Releases — Apr/May
- Platform Stability — Jun/July
- Final Release — Sep/Oct
In developer preview and public beta activity, Google is offering Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 4a, Pixel 4 XL, or Pixel 4 smartphone users the Android 13 operating system experience Is. And participate in its development, before the stable release.
How do you participate?
- You’ll first need to sign in to your Google Account to see a list of eligible devices
- opt for device
- Ask to select the beta program you wish to enroll in
- Accept the Android Beta Program Terms and Conditions
- Now, you are ready to share your thoughts with Google directly from your device.