Oppo officially released the global version of ColorOS 11, based on Android 11, and brings a fully customizable UI design. It claims to increase system resource utilization by 45%, system response speed by 32%, and frame rate stability increased by 17%.
Oppo ColorsOS 11 Features:
- Customizable Always on Display
- Customizable Dark Mode
- Oppo Relax 2.0
- 3-finger translate with Google Lens
- Super power-saving mode
- Private System
- Improved security and privacy
According to Oppo, almost all UI components of ColorOS 11 support custom functions, including AOD screen display, application icons, desktop wallpapers, sounds, controls, etc., which can meet the individual needs of different people. It also brings three multi-level dark modes with different contrasts: enhanced, moderate, and soft, allowing users to have different night vision effects.
Users can essentially create their own Always-On Display, theme, and wallpaper, as well as fonts, icons, and ringtones. This latest upgrade also enhances stock Android’s Dark Mode with three color schemes and levels of contrast. Meanwhile, Oppo Relax 2.0 lets users create their own white noise mix while also offering an extensive and immersive collection of sounds from cities around the world.
ColorOS 11 is equipped with robust features that improve work and life efficiency. Among them is the Three-Finger Translate powered by Google Lens, the first feature co-created by OPPO and Google. It captures and translates text through a simple screenshot taken with a three-finger gesture.
Flexdrop, another new feature, provides a simple and intuitive solution for multi-tasking. Users can watch video and text at the same time, which is particularly useful for gamers and video-lovers. Users can even switch between and control different smart home devices through a new Device Control menu, without having to download new apps.
To maximize available battery, the new Super Power Saving Mode lets users select six apps to run in low-battery situations. Meanwhile, Battery Guard prevents damage from prolonged charging at unstable power voltages by learning user habits. It intelligently pauses charging once it reaches 80% at night, before resuming to achieve a full charge by the time users wake up.
While high frame rates are a positive industry advancement, phones often experience lags and stutters as a result. To combat this, ColorOS 11 has introduced UI First 2.0, which combines OPPO’s proprietary lag-reducing engine with Quantum Animation.
Meanwhile, AI App Preloading learns user behavior to preload the most-used apps, reducing loading time. SuperTouch also intelligently identifies user scenarios and optimizes the touch response speed accordingly, improving system fluency.
ColorOS 11 incorporates stock Android 11’s newly added privacy options while creating a series of additional privacy protection and data security features.
Private System creates a separate system where the second version of apps and data runs independent of the original and is accessible only via a separate fingerprint scan or password
A new shortcut to App Lock enables users to lock apps through a password, fingerprint, or facial verification. The permissions system has also been enhanced, with temporary permissions that reset the camera, microphone, and location access when the app is closed.
Meanwhile, auto-reset permissions return app permission settings to default if they haven’t been used for a long time. To prevent malicious apps from accessing other apps’ data, scoped storage restricts apps’ access to phone data, requesting user permission in order to do so.
Oppo ColorOS 11 Changelog:
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- Dark mode can be scheduled based on sunrise and sunset times.
- High Efficiency
- Added, “Quick launch”: Touch and hold the fingerprint sensor to quickly launch a function or app.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Improved Performance
- Added Al App Preloading: The system predicts which apps you will use next and preloads them for faster launch speeds.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on. ·
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Photos can be saved in HEIF format to reduce the file size.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added the 2-finger swipe up gesture to quickly call up accessibility functions.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.