Huawei has begun releasing October 2021 security update for its global variants, which is now turned to Huawei Mate 40 Pro users. Simultaneously, the company has opened up the EMUI 12 beta registration for its flagship models that include Huawei P40, Mate 40, and Mate 30 series.
According to the information from HuaweiBlog (Via- HuaweiCentral), the October 2021 security update for Mate 40 Pro is mounted with a huge installation size of 1.19GB. In addition, users can match the firmware version with 126.96.36.199 (C432E6R4P1) for NOH-NX9 models.
Moving to the changes, alongside the October 2021 security update, Huawei Mate 40 Pro models will receive MeeTime screen sharing support and Celia keyboard quick download shortcut. But, let me remind you, the MeeTime call feature is available in a few countries, at present.
Now’s let move to the Huawei Mate 40 Pro update log-
- MeeTime: Adds the MeeTime feature that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, which allows you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- Security: Integrates security patches released in October 2021 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates.
- Apps: Adds a quick download shortcut for Celia Keyboard. The app can be downloaded by tapping the shortcut. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
- Recent Huawei Mate 40 update adds new Bluetooth optimizations
- Latest November 2021 security update released for Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G receiving new optimizations with November 2021 security patch
Huawei Mate 40 Pro: EMUI 12
The notable thing is, Huawei Mate 40 Pro is officially listed to participate in the EMUI 12 beta activity. More information on this matter suggests that users can update the latest firmware even after joining the bate activity, there seems to be no problem with it.
The Mate 40 Pro users can download October 2021 update either via using Settings or My Huawei App. If you are using the smartphone, open Setting> then System & updates> Software Update> Check for updates, if an update is available, click on Download and install.
- The update is planned to carry out within a period of one to two weeks, you can wait if have received it yet
- Make sure an adequate amount of battery and storage in the device, before proceeding with the installation
- The download package may vary corresponding to the different regions
- Must remember to keep a backup of your data to prevent the loss of important files