Last updated on January 10, 2022
Samsung now announced the official launch of One UI 4.0, which is rolling out to the Galaxy S21 series including Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. With new customization options, privacy features, and access to Samsung’s ever-expanding ecosystem, One UI 4.0 delivers an elevated mobile experience that puts you in control.
Let’s discuss everything about the One UI 4.0 in this article.
What is the current status?
- Samsung One UI 4.0 rollout is now live for the Galaxy S21 series and Fold 3/Flip 3 smartphones.
- The Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 series are also getting the One UI 4.0 update.
- The Galaxy S10, Note 10, Fold 2, Fold, and Flip/5G are also getting One UI 4.0 updates in various regions.
- The Galaxy A52, A72, and A42 5G are also getting the Android 12 update.
Will I get it?
We have prepared the eligible device list for the Android 12-bases One UI 4.0, you can check the complete list here.
The list includes the latest Galaxy S devices, Note devices, Fold devices, and more.
When will I get a stable update?
The One UI 4.0 is now available on the Galaxy S21 series starting November 15th. The company also released the stable One UI 4.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. The update has also reached the Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Note 20 series, Galaxy Note 10, S10, Fold 2, Fold, Flip/5G smartphones.
What are the features?
Samsung One UI 4.0 is based on the Android 12 operating system (OS) and introduces new and improved customization and privacy capabilities that give users control over many aspects of the mobile experience. The company introduces a large number of new features and customization options. Check them below.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Features:
- Redesigned home screen widgets
- Improved Lock screen
- You can now change the audio output to a different device from your Lock screen, with customized controls for music apps.
- New Voice recorder widget
- You can now record voice memos without unlocking the Galaxy phone
- Improved Always On Display
- It now turns on each time you receive a notification
- Enhanced Quick panel
- There’s an integrated section of alert and silent notifications
- You also have a larger brightness bar for an easier adjustment
- New Camera features
- New layout
- Tap the Record button for video recording
- New Gallery app
- There’s a video preview on the cover for Stories
- You can now sort albums with a large number of photos
- Improved search suggestions
- Edit the date, time, and location of the images/videos
- Improved multitasking experience
- Pinch zoom gesture
- Improved search features
- New calendar layout
- Improved app compatibility for Samsung DeX
- New Bixby routines
- New charging animations
- Improved Digital Wellbeing