For the OxygenOS Open Beta users, OnePlus recently released a new stable OxygenOS update to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users, which is accidentally rolled out for some Beta users. According to some users, the Stable update over the Open Beta 3, causing a full data wipe.
Here’s the official response in OnePlus forums:
It seems like some users are reporting receiving the Stable update over the Open Beta 3, leading to a full data wipe. This information was already shared with the the software team so it can be checked and addressed. Meanwhile, if you receive an update OTA, please double-confirm if it’s an Open Beta update. If it isn’t, please DO NOT install it.
We strongly suggest you to backup your key data via a cloud service, perform a full backup via OnePlus Switch, and transfer it to a computer or a USB drive for double insurance.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: October 28, 2020
OnePlus has started rolling out the third OxygenOS 11 Open Beta build, for the OnePlus 8 series devices. It brings some system improvements, optimizations in Ambient display, and bug fixes in the Zen mode, and more.
The changelog mentions a number of system improvements including UI smoothness of Call, system stability, and optimization in background process management to improve sandy-by performance. Some bugs regarding games and general issues are also fixed in the system.
The low probability issue that the system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on has also fixed.
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve sandy-by performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Ambient Display
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” ）
- Zen Mode
- Fixed the low probability issue that the system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
- Back up your data before update
- Make sure there is enough battery and charge your device when updating your device to the latest version.
- Update using a stable Wi-Fi network.
Download Links for the latest update:
Global: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
India: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro