Finally! OnePlus has initiated the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 public beta program for the Nord CE 2 smartphone users. After a long wait, the company has opened the gates of the latest upgrade for the corresponding device owners. Interested users can participate in this activity to taste the OxygenOS 13 firmware in advance and experience the eye-catching features before the stable release.
It’s worth mentioning that the OnePlus OxygenOS 13 public beta program for Nord CE 2 is accessible only to Indian users. However, the tech maker will soon avail this benefit for worldwide consumers. Another notable point is, the company is inviting 5000 users carrying the mentioned device and residing in India to attend this program. Thus, ensure to apply for the beta enrollment between January 11 to January 12 (Today).
Follow RPRNA on Google News
Before applying for the public beta, you need to check that your OnePlus Nord CE 2 smartphone is running on the IV2201_11.C.09/10 baseline version. Further, due to some technical issues, the rollback link for this upgrade is not available. Hence, install the OxygenOS 13 beta version at your own risk.
Join Us On Telegram
How to apply for the OxygenOS 13 beta activity? It’s quite easy to perform this task. Just simply enter the Settings menu of your device. Select About Device > Tap Up To Date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta Program > Beta > Fill in your information and click on Apply Now option. Within 5 days you will receive the new OxygenOS 13-based version. To install it, go to the Settings app followed by About Device, and hit the Download Now option.
Alongside, you should be able to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for this beta activity:
- You should have OnePlus Nord CE 2 (India Version)
- You should be an active member of the OnePlus Community
Since it is a beta update, it might bring some bugs and issues to your device. But the company will roll out the next version by February this year accompanying a rollback link to OxygenOS 12. In the meantime, you can check the full changelog.
OxygenOS 13 Public Beta Changelog:
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.