- One UI 6.0 for the unlocked units
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 and Galaxy Z Flip5 smartphones are getting an Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update for unlocked units in the US. Alongside many new features, this major software update installs the November 2023 security patch.
The unlocked Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 and Galaxy Z Fold5 models can identify the One UI 6.0 update in the US through the One UI build versions mentioned below.
- Galaxy Z Flip 5 – F731U1UEU1BWK9
- Galaxy Z Fold 5 – F946U1UEU1BWK9
UPDATE 2: November 24
- T-Mobile rolling out the stable One UI 6.0 update
After the Verizon network, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 and Flip5 are now getting the stable One UI 6.0 update in the US on the T-Mobile network.
You can identify the latest software update with the software version F731USQU1BWK9 and F946USQU1BWK9 for the Galaxy Z Flip5 and Fold5 respectively. The update also brings the November 2023 security patch alongside the Android 14 new features.
UPDATE 1: November 23, 2023
- Rolling out in India
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 and Galaxy Z Fold5 are getting the stable Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update in India. The update is already available for locked models of these smartphones in the US.
- Galaxy Z Flip 5 – F731BXXU1BWK9
- Galaxy Z Fold 5 – F946BXXU1BWKA
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) November 23, 2023
Original Article: November 22, 2023
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 and Flip5 start getting Android 14-based One UI 6.0 in the US
After the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S22, and Galaxy A54 rollout, Samsung has now begun rolling out the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy Z Fold5 and Flip5 in the US. The update is currently rolling out for the locked units on the Verizon network carrier in the country.
This latest software update includes the latest Android OS 14 and One UI 6.0, with improvements to user experience, performance, security, and privacy. It also brings the November 2023 security patch.
Some of the key changes in Samsung One UI 6.0:
- The Quick Settings layout has been updated to enhance usability.
- A new weather widget was added to provide weather forecasts and insights.
- You can now check the local weather on a map without adding the current location.
- Added Bixby text call button to easily switch to text calling. Bixby Text call must be first enabled in Call settings.
- Added separate picture resolution button in Camera quick settings menu. Now you can now easily change picture resolution by tapping the 12M button.
- Added separate video size button in Video quick settings menu. Select Video mode and tap the FHD 30 button at top to show more options.
- Added Custom camera widget to quickly launch Camera with your saved settings. Custom camera can set the camera starting mode and storage path. You can also edit the name for your Custom camera widget using “Title on widget”.
- Added “Swipe up/down to switch cameras” button in Camera settings. This will turn on/off the swipe gesture to switch between selfie and rear cameras.
- Added Details button (i) in Gallery to easily view image information. Optional AI enhancements such as “Remaster” and “Object eraser” are added to the Gallery details page for quick editing.
- Save an image as a sticker. Tap an object in an image, then an options menu will appear > Select Save as sticker. Next time you use Photo Editor, the saved sticker will show in your sticker options from Gallery.
- Added a Document scanning option in Gallery. Select the T button in the bottom right corner to start scanning.
- When you pause a video, you can create a sticker from a single frame of video. Tap an object in the image, then an options menu will appear > select Save as sticker. The next time you use Video Editor, you can add this sticker to your videos.
- Added More menu (3 dots) in the top right corner for easy access. Added AI tools button (first stars editing icon) to quickly use edits/effects.
- Added Straighten and Perspective options to the image rotation menu, so the image angle and horizontal/vertical correction can be performed at the same time.
- Easily tap or draw around any object you want to keep in the picture. Select AI tools > Lasso > tap or draw the object desired.
- Video Editor has be renamed to “Video Studio” and can be easily found in the Gallery Menu tab. Select Go to Studio and add Studio to the app screen for easier access.
- Easily edit the videos on one screen using the quick editing elements: text, stickers, audio, etc.
- Easily create recurring events with repeat recommendations for anniversaries, birthdays and other events.
- Added Schedule view to see a snapshot of events within a period.
- Reminders can now be created directly in Calendar.
- Reminders are now categorized so you can easily view the Reminder by time segment.
- Battery and Device Care settings are now separated in Settings menu for quicker access.
- Added descriptions for each category in Security and Privacy dashboard. Removed Scan button as the information is automatically updated when user opens Security and Privacy settings.
- Auto Blocker menu has been added to block threats and suspicious activities when enabled. Auto Blocker can prevent installation of apps from unauthorized stores, and block commands sent from unauthorized USB connections. When Auto Blocker is enabled, “Messaging app protection” and “Block software updates by USB cable” settings will also be enabled to help protect your phone.