The month of June has begun and Samsung has recently shared the details of the latest June 2023 security patch, which includes fixes from Google, as well as additional security changes from Samsung. The firm has also shared the revised list of eligible Galaxy devices for monthly and quarterly updates.
The Korean tech maker has started the rollout process of the June 2023 security patch and the Galaxy Z Fold 4 becomes the first to collect it, later on, the patch released for Note 20, Galaxy A52s, and Tab Activ 3. Therefore, the rollout will now pick up speed and will be available for more Galaxy users soon.
Moving on, the June 2023 One UI patch includes various fixes and optimizations for your Samsung devices and it is further designed to secure and protect your handy gadget and data from threats. Consequently, there are some devices that are restricted to receive the updates and some are added to the list.
June 2023 Security Patch details
As per the June 2023 Android security patch bulletin, the latest update will resolve a total of 53 flaws found in Galaxy phones and tablets including 3 critical, and 47 high-level of CVEs from Google and 3 SVE items from Samsung software, to maintain an appropriate level of system security.
CVE Items from Google
- CVE-2023-21127, CVE-2023-21108, CVE-2023-21130
CVE-2023-26085, CVE-2022-46396, CVE-2022-46891, CVE-2022-46395, CVE-2022-46394, CVE-2021-0877, CVE-2023-21102, CVE-2023-21106, CVE-2023-20697, CVE-2023-20698, CVE-2023-20726, CVE-2023-20694, CVE-2023-20695, CVE-2023-20696, CVE-2023-21665, CVE-2023-21666
CVE-2022-40508, CVE-2022-40504, CVE-2022-34144, CVE-2022-33305, CVE-2022-47487, CVE-2022-47469, CVE-2022-47470, CVE-2022-47486, CVE-2022-47488, CVE-2023-0266, CVE-2023-21126, CVE-2023-21128, CVE-2023-21129, CVE-2023-21131, CVE-2023-21139, CVE-2023-21105
CVE-2023-21136, CVE-2023-21137, CVE-2023-21143, CVE-2023-20965, CVE-2023-21115, CVE-2023-21121, CVE-2023-21122, CVE-2023-21123, CVE-2023-21124, CVE-2023-21135, CVE-2023-21138, CVE-2023-21095, CVE-2023-21141, CVE-2023-21142, CVE-2023-21144
Not applicable to Samsung devices
- CVE-2023-20699, CVE-2022-25713, CVE-2022-33273
SVE Items from One UI
1. SVE-2023-0352 (CVE-2023-21513)
This SVE may have affected Galaxy devices running Android 11, 12 and 13. Per the details, improper privilege management vulnerability in CC Mode prior to SMR Jun-2023 Release 1 allows physical attackers to manipulate device to operate in way that results in unexpected behavior in CC Mode under specific condition.
2. SVE-2022-2836 (CVE-2023-21517)
Samsung says select Galaxy devices equipped with Exynos CP chipsets were affected by this flaw. June patch adds proper buffer size check logic. Details: Heap out-of-bound write vulnerability in Exynos baseband prior to SMR Jun-2023 Release 1 allows remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
3. SVE-2022-2743 (CVE-2023-21512)
Improper Knox ID validation logic in the notification framework allows local attackers to read work profile notifications without proper access permission. Samsung’s June patch adds proper Knox ID validation to prevent improper access to notifications.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram
June 2023 MONTHLY AND QUARTERLY GALAXY DEVICE LIST
With the revised plan particulars, the Korean tech maker has decided to seed 38 Galaxy devices with the Monthly security patch and 65 Galaxy devices on a Quarterly basis. In addition, there are 48 devices that will now support Biannual Security Updates.
Monthly Updates Galaxy Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip4, W23, W23 flip
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy A54 5G, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Quarterly Updates Galaxy Devices
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, W22 5G
- Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A14 5G, Galaxy A34 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G,Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M04, Galaxy M14 5G, Galaxy M54 5G
- Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F13, Galaxy F04, Galaxy F14 5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro
Biannual Updates Galaxy Devices
- Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy M12, Galaxy M62
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F62
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro