The Call of Duty League 2021 season kicks off today at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET, with the opening weekend hosted by Atlanta FaZe featuring four days of Black Ops Cold War matches from all teams in the league. Players don’t miss the live and demand action on YouTube.com/CODLeague.
Additionally, for the first time, Black Ops Cold War players will be able to stay fresh on their favorite team stand throughout the 2021 season in-game on the entire CDL schedule and on the CDL channel in League Play. Now a friend who likes a competition has no other need to ask for time to play OpTic.
League Play Updates
Speaking of the league game, the developer has made two major arrangements as they prepared for our first-weekend event. This week that some players were included in the Unexpected Skills category based on their performance in their opening placement matches.
The backend data contributed to fixed, and players can now see the skill section in their next login go to your next league game and show us what you can do.
Call of Duty also fixed a bug that caused Ghost to automatically form when we ran greedily in the Perk League game. Perk Greed users can now choose from Cold Blooded, Ninja, and Spycraft.
3V3 Gunfight Sniper, Kiss Confirmed, and More
Today’s Black Ops Cold War update brings our exclusive Valentine’s Day-themed spin Kiss that Kill attests to multiplayer until February 18th. Collect candy hearts instead of dog tags as the eliminations increase and remember to save some for your favorite companions this Valentine’s Day weekend.
This update includes new bug fixes and settings for multiplayer and zombie, as well as 2K2 and 3V3 Gunfight custom games from Newtown ’84, as well as some additional stability fixes and gameplay improvements for Firebase Z.
And for Tombstone soda fans, the developer also added a knockback effect against enemies when you restore yourself from the shadow form, a little extra breathing room when you get back on your feet.
The Express 24/7 will only continue this week with 3v3 Gunfight Snipers, Gunfight Blueprints, Face Off, and more. Read below for a full list of selected playlists this week.
Double Weapon XP Weekend Incoming
Another long weekend is almost here, and a four-day Double Weapons XP is waiting for you at Black Ops Cold War and Warson. To make the most of those loadouts in season two that will be here before you know it.
Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Kiss Confirmed [NEW]
- Express 24/7
- Nuketown 24/7
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Prop Hunt
- Nuketown ’84 added to 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight Custom Game map list.
- Re-added a missing car in CDL Pro Control & CDL Pro Hardpoint on Raid.
- Players should now see a more accurate Skill Division assignment in their next League Play Event after completing their initial Placement Matches.
- Ghost will no longer be automatically equipped when the Perk Greed Wildcard is equipped.
- Fixed crashes related to Essence Traps and Tombstone Soda.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the player to capture Mimics disguised as props.
- Addressed an issue where the Orda would not die if it took too much damage in one hit.
- Added enemy knockback when the player revives themself after coming back from shadow form.
- Addressed an issue with Tombstone Soda where the player could get into a zone that was not already purchased.