First, about Joker, it is a harmful program in apps “to simulate clicks and intercept SMS to subscribe to unwanted paid premium services unbeknownst to users”.
Thanks to security firm Pradeo, which helped discover that 6 Android apps are containing the malware. The apps were infected by the Joker bot that is able to sign people up to expensive premium subscription services. These apps had been downloaded almost 200,000 times from Google Play Store.
“Today, Pradeo once again identified infected applications on Google Play, showing the store’s struggle to prevent malicious activities on its platform.” read the official blog post. “Users are advised to immediately delete them from their device to avoid fraudulent activities.”
If you are using any of the given apps below, just make sure to remove them from your phone as soon as possible.
- Convenient Scanner 2 (100,000+ downloads)
- Separate Doc Scanner (50,000+ downloads)
- Safety AppLock (10,000+ downloads)
- Push Message – Text & SMS (10,000+ downloads)
- Emoji Wallpaper (10,000+ downloads)
- Fingetip GameBox (1000+ downloads)