In the year 2020, Sony redesigned its PlayStation app in light of the PS5 release and promised new features as the console became more widely available. Some of these are now coming to the public as part of the PlayStation app version 21.4. The release allows you to properly manage your PS5 storage from the app, allowing you to completely delete unplayable titles on your console.
To use Remote Storage Management, you must leave your PlayStation in Rest Mode. When you tell the app to remove the game, the console will turn on for a few minutes, execute the operation, and then return to rest mode. If you still do not see storage management in your app settings despite the update, try linking your PS5 back to the app – it works for some people on Reddit.
- Sort and filter in PS Store to help you find what you’re looking for.
- Compare trophies with friends.
- Manage your PS5 storage anytime from settings.
- Join multiplayer sessions on PS5 from game invites.
- Share images, text, and URLs from other apps to friends on PS App.
- Turn party notifications on/off.
- This update also includes fixes and performance improvements
The update allows you to join multiplayer sessions with game invitations and you can compare your trophies with your friends. In a similar vein, it is also possible to turn party notifications on or off.
Additionally, it this great to see that the app now has search and sort filters in the PlayStation Store, which are available regardless of whether the PS5 has it or not.
You still can’t search through your library. Manually scrolling through the list can be cumbersome, depending on how many games you played for a minute or two for the PlayStation Plus.
Tip Spot (Have any suggestion? send us on contacts below)