Realme 5 Pro is now getting realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11, official roll-out has begun. The roll-out is released in batches and will reach you soon. Also to receive this update, please make sure your device is updated to the required version RMX1971EX_11.C.14 / RMX1971EX_11.C.15.
Find the complete changelog below:
UI version: RMX1971EX_11.F.03
Personalize the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
• Added “Optimized night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
• You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimized “Auto brightness”.
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
Security and Privacy
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
JUNE 22, 2021
Realme UI 2.0 comes with a host of changes alongside Android 11, which brings new features like conversation bubbles, built-in screen recording, one-time permissions, call screening support, improved 5G support, and more.
Previously, the Chinese phone maker released the Realme UI 2.0 Early Access program for several eligible smartphones. Now, the company has invited Realme 5 Pro users to participate in the Realme UI 2.0 Early Access program based on Android 11.
The Early Access program of Realme UI 2.0 allows users to experience the latest features of Android 11 and Realme UI 2.0 before its stable version is released. Following the official announcement, interested Realme 5 Pro users can apply for this event to get the Realme UI 2.0 beta update.
Follow the steps below to complete the registration:
Firstly, update your device to the required UI version
- Realme 5 Pro – RMX1971EX_11_C.14
You can apply for Early access via the Software Update Application channel:
- Go to Settings
- Then find the Software Update option
- Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner
- Search for Trial Version
- Submit your details
- Then click on Apply Now
Must Read Before Apply:
• Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
• To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
• Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 11 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crash on your device. Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available on the Play Store before your update.
• The Early Access versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and affect daily use.
• Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise, there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
• Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.