Google is pushing off the Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1 to Pixel devices with a small bunch of features and new fixes. With the latest development, the tech giant has resolved several issues and flaws found in the last build and serves some interesting capabilities on board.
Looking into the details, Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1 is arriving with the build version U1B1.230908.003 alongside the September 2023 security patch. Users carrying a Pixel phone ranging from Pixel 5a to Pixel 7 series including the Fold and Tablet can install the new update.
In addition, the latest version is landing on the Android Emulator. It is worth noting that Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 models do not support and won’t get the QPR1 build. On the other hand, the stable Android 14 upgrade will count as the last major update for the respective handsets.
Another significant point is that users residing in the beta program will get the new QPR1 firmware automatically. However, they can still prefer the sideload process if skip the update alerts.
Google Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1 – Features and Fixes
New Features – Large screen user per-app overrides.
1. Device original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) apply overrides to selected apps on specific large-screen devices. Android 14 QPR1 introduces user overrides, which enable users to apply overrides to apps through device settings.
2. Android 14 QPR1 introduces a new settings menu that enables users to change the aspect ratio of apps. The menu is implemented on select large-screen devices, such as Pixel Tablet and Pixel Fold.
Top resolved issues
- Fixed an issue where the system UI sometimes crashed after notifications were posted or interacted with.
- Fixed an issue that caused devices to crash in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the recording view to freeze while recording video.
- Fixed an issue where a device sometimes couldn’t be interacted with after rebooting.
- Fixed an issue where device alarms were sometimes reset after installing a system update.
- In some cases after swapping SIM cards on a device, the device can’t connect to cellular service.
- The battery level in the status bar sometimes displays as 0% temporarily.