After a long time, Huawei P20 Pro users are grabbing the July 2021 security update that is rolling out in European regions. This older flagship is getting the OTA update notification for this latest update that integrates the security improvements and system optimization in Celia assistant and other applications.
According to the info, the Huawei P20 Pro smartphone starts compensating with the CLT-L29 10.0.0.193 (C432E8R1P3) version update to install the July 2021 security improvements. It has a 775MB installation size, highly recommended to download over the WiFi connection instated using the personal network.
However, the July 2021 security patch is hard to recognize at once, as reported by HuaweiBlog. The update has two packages, one is very similar to the last firmware CLT-L29 10.0.0.190, while the second package contains the July 2021 security release note.
In the Huawei P20 Pro smartphones, users can download this update either via using Settings or My Huawei App. If you are using the smartphone, open Stiings> then System & updates> Software Update> Check for updates, if an update is available, click on Download and install.
Alternatively, if using the My Huawei App, open the app> Service tab on the bottom bar> tap on the update> select Check for updates> download and install. Now, let’s check, what the users are getting with this new update.
- AI Voice: Adds AI Voice. Say “Hello Celia” or press and hold the power button for a second to activate the voice assistant and give a voice command or ask a question.
- Security: Integrates security patches released in April 2021 for improved system security.
- Apps: Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Petal Search, Reader, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, and Link Now. Tap the shortcuts to download the apps.
- Security: Integrates security patches released in July 2021 for improved system security.
Things to Remember:
- The updates are planned to carry out within a period of one to two weeks, you can wait if have received yet
- Make sure an adequate amount of battery and storage in the device, before proceeding with the update
- The installation packages may vary corresponding to the different regions
- Must remember to keep a backup of the essential data to prevent the loss of important files on your device