The first is the more traditional method, where you just go through the Settings app and follow the prompts while another one is a bit complicated that we will cover in our next post.
How to reset via the Settings app?
- Open the Settings App on your Pixel 5.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Tap the arrow down next to Advanced.
- Tap Reset options.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap the Erase all data button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Enter your PIN.
Wait until the reset process is complete while your Pixel 5 may take 10-15 minutes to restart.
Once completed, the phone will boot to the main startup screen where you have to start fresh by setting up the device.