The Pixel 5 may not be as earth-shattering of a device as some of the Android flagships that have been launched this year.
But if you want the best that Google has to offer, with stock Android in tow, there’s nothing better.
Even though this is more of an upper to mid-range device, there are still quite a few features packed into the Pixel 5.
Set up the fingerprint scanner
For better or worse, Google removed Face Unlock with the Pixel 5, opting instead for a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Upon your initial setup, you will be prompted to create a PIN or password d, along with setting up the fingerprint scanner.
However, if you decided to skip that step, here’s how you can set up the Pixel 5’s scanner.
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel 5.
- Scroll down and select Security.
- Under Device Security, select Pixel Imprint.
- Enter your PIN, if applicable.
- Tap Add Fingerprint.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.