Samsung rolled out many new software updates for its Galaxy devices within a day. Finding out and covering every update for smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices is a daunting task. At the same time, we are trying to put each new OTA (including One UI 3.0 / One UI 3.1 based on Android 11) and new security patches into a dedicated tracker.
According to the latest information, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A8 2018, and Galaxy Tab Active 2 are the latest April 2021 security patches. It is worth mentioning that these devices were initially updated with this software in different regions and will soon be expanded to more countries and regions.
- Galaxy A70 – A705FNXXS5DUD1/A7050ZxS5DUD1
- Galaxy A30 – A305FDDS6BUD4
- Galaxy A20 – A205FNXXSABUD1/A205SKSU7BUD2
- Galaxy A20 US – A205U1UES9BUC1
- Galaxy A8 2018 – A530FXXSICUC4/A530NKSU8CUC2/A530FXXSICUD3/A530FXXSICUD8
- Galaxy Tab Active 2 – T395XXSCCUD1
The latest security patch must be installed because it can protect your phone from various types of attacks. It is worth mentioning that the April 2021 patch program repaired 21 CVEs of Samsung and 30 key CVEs of Google, thereby improving system security.
Finally, if you have not received the notification to download the April 2021 security update, you can also check it manually with the help of the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to the Software updates section
- Then click on Download and install