Huawei has already rolled out the May 2021 security update for the Chinese users last month. According to the latest info, these security improvements have now reached global users. The Huawei Mate Xs gets May 2021 update globally
However, it’s a staged rollout as usual and may take some time to cover all the devices. Meanwhile, you can still check for the latest firmware carrying the EMUI 11 version 188.8.131.52 upgraded from 184.108.40.206 (C432E2R2P1).
As per Huawei, the May 2021 security patch fixes different levels of exploits and issues which includes 3 critical, 10 high, and 4 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
The official changelog of the May 2021 update does not have much to tell about the latest changes. It’s just limited to some sorts of security improvements. The update has a package size of around 317MB in Europe that users need to download.
The security updates have their own importance in any device as they improve the overall system security and protect the device from any external threats. Any user should not skip the security patches as soon as it comes.
Before downloading Huawei Mate Xs’ May 2021 update users must avoid something in order to download and install the firmware successfully. And the steps to download this update are also mentioned below.
Things to remember
- While installing the update, the device must be at least 50% charged.
- Check the available storage before downloading the package.
- Use a strong WiFi connection to download
How to check for update?
- You can update your device via Settings
- Then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install
- After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through the Support app
- For that go to Service tab >> Update >> Download and install >> and then finally Install