Huawei is currently busy rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 update to its eligible devices. At the same time, the Chinese OEM is also releasing the regular security patches, and this time it’s the May 2021 security update rolling out for Nova smartphones.
As per the latest info, the Nova 8 SE, Nova 7 SE, and Nova 6 SE are getting May 2021 security patch with security improvements and performance enhancements. Meanwhile, the Nova 6, 7, and 8 series of devices are included in the first phase of HarmonyOS public beta testing.
However, some smartphones including Nova 8 SE, 7 SE 5G, 7 SE Lohas Edition, and Nova 6 SE are eligible to take part in the third batch. So, the new HamonyOS 2.0 is coming anytime on the above-mentioned Nova phones.
In the meantime, the new security improvements are rolling out for the below-mentioned models:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
Besides the security improvements, the update does not bring any new features for the devices. Although, there are no worries because the new HarmonyOS is coming for these Nova phones with a brand new user interface and a bunch of functionalities.
If the May 2021 patch has arrived on your Nova devices, then make sure to have at least 50% battery before installing or check your storage as per the size. Also, it is recommended to have a strong data connection while downloading. Below are the version numbers of the updating modes:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE – EMUI version 10.1.1.153
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G – EMUI version 10.1.1.213
- Huawei Nova 7 Lohas Edition – EMUI version 10.1.1.143
- Huawei Nova 6 SE – EMUI version 10.1.0.235
- Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in May 2021.
- May 2021 security patch details: This security update fixes different levels of exploits and issues including 3 critical, 10 high, and 4 medium levels of CVE for improved system security.
How to check for updates?
[Through Settings] Settings – System & updates – Software update – CHECK FOR UPDATES – Download and install.
[Through Support App] Open Support App – Service Tab – Update – CHECK FOR UPDATES – Download and install.