Huawei Mate 20 models in the Middle East have begun to install EMUI 12, beginning from Saudi Arabia. Previously Huawei Mate 20 series begins to download EMUI 12 in the global market, Therefore, if you own a Huawei Mate 20 device, then it’s recommended that you install the software update on your smartphone.
Huawei is seeding EMUI 12 with version 220.127.116.11 for the Mate 20 users in the Middle East. These phone users can download the software update gradually via the software update section: Settings > then tap on the System & updates > click on Software update > then follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, phone users can request to download the firmware via the My Huawei app.
EMUI 12 comes with new features such as changes in the user interface (UI) and made it like a HarmonyOS operating system, which is currently limited to the Chinese market. These models currently run HM OS in China and for a long time, the Mate 20 series users have been wanting to install it in the global market. Therefore, EMUI 12 is a great opportunity to experience the perfect impersonation of HarmonyOS in the global market.
However, before you jump on to the update section, there are a few things you should know mentioned below.
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in-app store.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
- Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
- This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 11 in HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please backup your data in advance.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
- For more features, visit Tips.
- After the update, the Wi-Fi Calling function will be disabled by default for certain SIM cards. If needed, you can go to Settings > Mobile network > Mobile data to manually enable it. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL