This update optimizes the full-screen gesture, system animations in some scenarios, Control center layout, Dark mode brightness, and more.
It brings new shortcuts to open the control center and notification shade as well as fixes the bug by which the Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode.
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: Tapping a blank spot in Control center closes it now
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
Users of Redmi 9 can manually download the update from the link mentioned below.
Caution: We do not recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!
Aside from this, Xiaomi recently released the MIUI 12 update for Redmi 8A Dual users in India and will soon expand in other regions. The company revealed the MIUI 12.5 rollout timeline, check the full information here.