Nothing Phone (1) has started collecting a new software update with the 2.0.4 version. Meanwhile, the respective phone holders have locked their eyes on the Android 14-based Nothing OS 2.5 beta update and its ultimate offerings.
Recently, the company has pushed off the Android 14 open beta firmware for the Phone (2) owners. Raising the excitement, the tech giant added that the first-gen devices will soon join this group. Though there isn’t any release timeline on this matter, we can expect the Nothing OS 2.5 beta rollout for Phone (1) by the end of this month.
Coming back, Nothing OS 2.0.4 update for the Phone (1) devices holds new features and improvements in a 58.01MB. Eventually, users will gain better swipe gesture facilities to access hidden icons. Moreover, the Photo widget addition will let you view your favorite moments anytime on the lock or home screen.
Check the complete changelog below.
- Swipe to the left side of the app drawer to access the hidden icons compartment. Apps placed here will be relocated and hidden from the app drawer.
- Introducing the Photo widget. Display your favorite photos on your home screen or lock screen.
Improvements and bug fixes
- The charging tooltip in the lock screen now more accurately reflects the charging speed.
- Fixed a rare issue causing lock screen widgets to not be displayed properly after restarting.
- The cloned instance of WhatsApp now properly supports App Locker.
- Improved the stability of Wi-Fi hotspotting.
- General bug fixes.